CD’s and IRA’s
Certificates of Deposit (CD)
Whether you’re thinking 10 years down the road or just storing cash for a few months, CDs provide low risk and solid returns. They are a great choice if you have time-specific savings or need to diversify overall risk in your portfolio.
Benefits of A CD
There are a number of reasons you may want to open a CD:
- Interest rates: CDs typically pay higher interest rates than other deposit products. Higher CD rates may be available for longer terms.
- Guaranteed return: Since the interest rate of a Fixed Rate CD is set at account opening and does not change until the CD matures, you know exactly how much money you will earn during the term of your CD.
- Security: Your funds are FDIC-insured up to the maximum limit per ownership category.
Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
First Capital Bank offers a traditional IRA with tax-deferred earnings for clients at any income level, helping you to grow your money today and ensure you have additional income during retirement.
Benefits of an IRA
There are a number of reasons you may want to open an IRA:
- Lower Tax Liability: Contributions can grow tax deferred and withdrawals can be taken in later years to reduce your tax liability.
- Multiple Retirement Accounts: A Traditional IRA can be set up even if you have another retirement plan. Contributions may not be fully tax deductible if you have enough qualified retirement plan.
- Bankruptcy Protection: Contributions are protected from creditors.